Atlas Class Everyday tasks Wednesday 20th May 2020 ( 20.5.2020)
Today and all week we will be doing some active learning .
Having spoken to parents last week, I realised that many children in my class simply need to do something different. So I am going to suggest 3 FUN activities to try each day. Hope you enjoyed all the activities yesterday ( Did you make a messy mud-pie?).
Activity 1- SLITHERING SNAKE TRICK
Investigate how like a slippery snake you can be.
What you need:- something to carry on your back, like a cushion or plastic toy . A variety of different floor surfaces including going outside.
- Lay down on the floor on your TUMMY. Put the cushion ( or toy) on your back . Try to slither along the floor, keeping the object on your back , slithering along like snake.
- Can you try any of these surface:-
- Floor tiles, vinyl, carpet, grass, a slide, trampoline, your bed? Which surface is easiest to slither along? Which is hardest? Does it make a difference what clothes YOU are wearing?
- Can you slither all around the house without putting your object falling off?
- Draw a picture of it in your Home learning book and say/ write what you did.
Activity 2- DELIVEROO
Investigate delivering food, like a deliveroo driver
What you need:-some packets and tins of food and cereal, pieces of fruit, a bag to put them in, felt-tips and paper
- You are the new Studley Green Deliveroo app.
- Collect all your packets, tins, food etc in a neat pile ready to use later
- Draw pictures of all your packets, tins and fruit on to pieces of the paper [ or write a list with room for a ü ( tick) to be put next to it.
- Go round all your family at home. Tell them you are the new Studley Green Deliveroo service. Give them your food list/ pictures and ask them to ü ( tick) what they would like you to deliver. Then go and get the food, put it in your bag and deliver it to them. If you are doing this outside, maybe you can use your scooter or bike to deliver it around the garden?
- Will you dress up as a Deliveroo driver? Can you find a hat to wear too?
Activity 3 DICE IS NICE
Investigate the most you can collect using a dice
What you need:-small cardboard box or some cardboard to make into CUBE shape like a dice, felt tips, some pieces of Lego or dried pasta or chocolate buttons or grapes
- Make your dice using your cardboard and remember to put the following small circles ( dots) 1 is opposite 6, 3 is opposite 4 and 2 is opposite 5
- Roll the dice.
- Each time take the SAME amount of objects
- HOW many things have you got after 5 rolls of the dice?
- Put the things back and roll it another 5 times.
- Do you have MORE thing or LESS things?
- Roll it again another 5 times.
- Have you go as many things as before, or more, or less?
- Do you think if you roll it 10 times , that you will get twice as many things?- Try it and see?
If you prefer:- Parents do please feel free to open the following bbc webpage and help your son join in with any of the Maths activities instead each day.
BBC Bitesize daily lessons Maths Y1 Wednesday 20th May - (or if you prefer some of you can click on and use Y2 instead)
There are also some English and topic activities you might like to use too.