Good Morning! We hope you enjoyed yesterday’s challenges! Remember to register so we know you are doing the activities!
- Can you order the number cards from 0-20? If this is too tricky for you, then practise 0-10 first.
- Ask your grown up to point at a number and then you tell them what the number is. Repeat this several times.
- Choose 5 different cards – can you think of different actions that you can do for each card? E.g. 7 jumps, 16 claps etc…
- Please make sure you share a book every day with a grown up. Please look at the following link.
- Click on My class login and enter the username: studley password: studley
- Please choose age group age 4-5 years old
Here are some suggestions of what you could ask to develop their understanding of what they have read.
- Who were the characters?
- What happened in the beginning, middle and end of the story?
- What did you like about the story?
- At different parts, stop and ask what they enjoyed what they think will happen next?
Share your reading book with an adult every day. Make sure you are saying the sounds and reading the words.
- Ask a grown up to flash the letter cards and get you to say the sounds as you see them.
- Ask a grown up to flash the high frequency word cards and get you to say the word you see.
We would like you to keep a daily diary of your home learning adventures!
- Draw a picture and write a sentence about what you have done today. When writing, please listen for all the sounds in a word and write them down. Remember to put a capital letter at the beginning of your sentence, use finger spaces and put a full stop at the end.
- Please don’t worry about the correct spelling for any longer words that your child might not be able to write.
- Encourage them to write the sounds that they can hear and then you can write down underneath the full sentence of what they have written.
- Can you write a sentence that includes these high frequency words?
- Write them in your home learning book.
- Remember to listen for all the sounds in a word – say the sounds first and then write them down. Read your sentence back once you have written it.
- Can you build a den? Use sheets and pegs to make an awesome den!
- Take a book and read it to one of your toys or an adult. Have fun!