Every morning at 9am Joe Wicks streams a live PE lesson - tune in here if you can!
Start with 10 minutes on TTRockstars.
Answer the following questions in your Home Learning Journal.
This week's spellings are below. Write each word THREE times and then use each one in a sentence.
Read a book from home, listen to a story on Storyline Online or login into Oxford Owl here. Click on 'My class login' and enter the username: studley password: studley
The storm had been raging for hours. Like a besieging army tormenting an enemy’s ramparts, the waves battered on the lighthouse walls.
A group of men huddled in one of the cylindrical shaped rooms, flinching every time a wave rocked the lighthouse. Their hearts were in their mouths with every devastating blow: they half expected the walls to come tumbling down at any moment.
They turned their heads and listened to the sound of the storm. What they heard was truly terrifying…
Answer the following questions in your Home Learning Journal
World Oceans Day
Today is World Oceans Day, the day for celebrating the role of the oceans in our everyday life and inspiring action to protect the ocean. Read the information on the pages below.
Now answer the following comprehension questions in your Home Learning Journal.
1. Why do you think it took 16 years for the UN to recognise World Oceans Day?
2. Find and copy one word that is a synonym for ‘crucial’.
3. How much of the Earth’s water is contained in oceans? Choose one.
4. Which ocean means peaceful sea in Latin?
5. Although largely unexplored… What does the subordinate clause tell us about the ocean?
6. What is created when we burn fossil fuels? Choose one.
7. What large habitat is in the Pacific Ocean?
8. Explain why there is more carbon dioxide in the ocean. Use evidence from the text to support your answer.
9. Explain why overfishing is a problem and why it is a difficult problem to solve.
10. Who do you think is most responsible for caring for the oceans and why? Explain your
answer fully using evidence from the text to support your answer.