Every morning at 9am Joe Wicks streams a live PE lesson - tune in here if you can!
Start with 10 minutes on TTRockstars.
Work through the pictures below and then answer the question on page 58 in your workbook.
This week's spellings are below. Write each word THREE times and then use each one in a sentence.
Read a book from home, listen to a story on Storyline Online or login into Oxford Owl here. Click on 'My class login' and enter the username: studley password: studley
The storm had been raging for hours. Like a besieging army tormenting an enemy’s ramparts, the waves battered on the lighthouse walls.
A group of men huddled in one of the cylindrical shaped rooms, flinching every time a wave rocked the lighthouse. Their hearts were in their mouths with every devastating blow: they half expected the walls to come tumbling down at any moment.
They turned their heads and listened to the sound of the storm. What they heard was truly terrifying…
Answer the following questions in your Home Learning Journal
World Oceans Day
Today is World Oceans Day, the day for celebrating the role of the oceans in our everyday life and inspiring action to protect the ocean. Read the information on the pages below.
Now answer the following comprehension questions in your Home Learning Journal.
1. When is World Oceans Day? Choose one.
2. Which of the following is NOT an ocean? Choose one.
3. Find and copy two words that have a similar meaning to ‘absorb’.
4. Explain in your own words why it is important to look after our oceans. Use evidence from the text to support your answer.
5. What is happening to the temperature of the sea?
6. What is the 2020 World Oceans Day theme
7. Explain in your own words what the word ‘innovation’ means. Use evidence from the text to support your answer.
8. Describe two ways in which, according to the text, we can all help to care for our oceans.