Good Morning Oberon!
Today would be the end of Sats week if you were at school as normal, that means we'd be doing different activities at school to relax and say well done for your hard work. I have decided that you still need a special well done today (with some activities that are hopefully fun) because you have been superstars over the past few weeks.
Today I'm setting you a project with a list of activities for you to choose from.
Imagine lockdown was entirely lifted and you could go anywhere you wanted, with anybody you wanted. Design the place you would go, here are some ideas:
- A theme park
- The park
- An adventure centre (like Liddington)
- Your own magical island
- A mixture of all of the things you enjoy doing the most in one place
- Add extra details - mine would have an amazing ice cream shop with hundreds of toppings, a rock climbing centre, aerial hoop on the beach, a yoga studio. Yours might have a football stadium, a gymnastics centre, a pizza place... there are no limits!
Draw a picture of your dream location. I drew mine earlier, but forgot to take a photo for you before I left school! It had: mountains, ocean, a beach, a theme park and a forest. I'd go for long walks in the forest and play ambush with my friends. I'd love to try abseiling and rock climbing on real mountains, so I'd definitely have a rock climbing centre.
Write a few sentences explaining why you have chosen to put those things in your design and who you would go with.
After you have finished your drawing, choose 4 activities from the ones below:
- Create a poster advertising your destination
- Write a story set in your destination
- Create a travel brochure for your destination
- Do some research online and find somewhere similar to your destination (Disney land, a beach, mountainous areas) and plan a visit to your dream location: How would you get there? What would it cost to travel there? How much would a hotel or apartment cost? What activities could you do?
- Interview a parent/sibling about where they would most like to go after lockdown
- Phone a friend in our class and tell them all about your location
- Email me to tell me what your destination would be like
- Plan what you would pack to visit there, you could even draw the inside of your suitcase/a selection of your outfits
- Write a letter inviting a friend/family member to join you in your destination, describe what it is like and what activities you could do there
- Ask your parents if you can cook/bake/make one of the foods that would be available in your destination (mine would be a tropical smoothie) you might have to save this one for another day depending on which ingredients you need/how busy your parents are
- Build a model of your destination, using cardboard or any other materials you have at home
- Write a diary entry of your ideal day in your destination