We are the Foundation Stage Class. We have two teachers Mrs Solomons who works on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and Mrs McGhee who works on a Thursday and Friday.
We are very lucky to have Mrs Marszal and Mrs Whitmarsh who all work in Luna class to support the children in their learning.
Each term we will be learning a new topic. You will be given an overview which shows you what your child will be learning each week.
This term we will be learning all about minibeasts. We will be watching our real life caterpillars transform before our eyes and researching different facts about minibeast.
Luna class will be focussing on 'instruction writing' for our talk for writing this term.
We are really looking forward to visiting the farm for our trip and continuing our welly walks.
This term Luna Class will also be focussing on measuring and number problems.
Please continue to send your emails to Luna class . You can send us photos and video clips of what you have been up to at home. We will then share them in class firstname.lastname@example.org
Homework in Luna Class
Luna Class follow the Early Years Framework which focuses on the Characteristics of Effective Learning:
Each of these characteristics underpin everything we do, and are part of the 7 key areas of Learning and Development in the Early Years:
- making relationships - self-confidence and self-awareness - managing feelings and behaviour
- moving and handling - health and self-care
- listening and attention - understanding - speaking
- reading - writing
- number - shape, space and measure
- people and communities - the world - technology
- exploring and using media and materials - being imaginative
Luna Class have PE on a Wednesday and Thursday. Please make sure your child has their PE bag in school at all times. The PE kit needs to have a NAMED t-shirt, pair of shorts and a pair of daps/trainers.
- finding out and exploring - playing with what they know - being willing to 'have a go'
- being involved and concentrating - keeping trying - enjoying achieving what they set out to do
Creating and thinking critically - thinking
- having their own ideas - making links - choosing ways to do things
You will see our 'Dinosaurs' up in the classroom. The children are involved in how they are learning, ask your child which dinosaur they used today. Tryosauras (Active learning and Motivation), Explorasauras (Playing and Exploring) Thinkosauras (Creative and thinking critically).
You will find pictures of what we have been learning, fun websites to develop your child's understanding and useful resources you can use at home.