Welcome to Luna Class!
We are the Foundation Stage Class. We have two teachers Mrs Solomons who works on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Mrs McGhee who works on a Thursday and Friday. We are very lucky to have
Mrs Marszal and Mrs Casey who all work in Luna class to support the children in their learning.
Each term we will be learning a new topic. You will be given an overview which shows you what your child will be learning each week. Please see below.
Term1 -What makes us special ?
The children will be learning about their bodies. We will be focussing on recognising and writing our names as well and learning the first sounds. During Term 1 will be enjoying lots of counting songs and recognising numbers.
In Luna class we have our own class email. You can send us photos and video clips of what you have been up to at home. We will then share them in class email@example.com
Luna Class follow the Early Years Framework which focuses on 3 Characteristics of Effective Learning:
- finding out and exploring - playing with what they know - being willing to 'have a go'
- being involved and concentrating - keeping trying - enjoying achieving what they set out to do
Creating and thinking critically - thinking
- having their own ideas - making links - choosing ways to do things
You will see our 'Dinosaurs' up in the classroom. The children are involved in how they are learning, ask your child which dinosaur they used today. Tryosauras (Active learning and Motivation), Explorasauras (Playing and Exploring) Thinkosauras (Creative and thinking critically).
Each of these characteristics underpin everything we do, and are part of the 7 key areas of Learning and Development in the Early Years:
- making relationships - self-confidence and self-awareness - managing feelings and behaviour
- moving and handling - health and self-care
- listening and attention - understanding - speaking
- reading - writing
- number - shape, space and measure
- people and communities - the world - technology
- exploring and using media and materials - being imaginative
Acorns have PE on a Monday and a Thursday. Please make sure your child has their PE bag in school at all times. The PE kit needs to have a NAMED t-shirt, pair of shorts and a pair of daps/trainers.
Thank you for visiting our page.
You will find pictures of what we have been learning, fun websites to develop your child's understanding and useful resources you can use at home.